Industrial Clutch, Brake & Power Transmisssion Technical Resources
The Carlyle Johnson Machine Company offers more than 100 years of experience in the manufacture of clutch, brake and power transmission systems. Our experienced team of engineers, designers and technicians work to manufacture reliable components that exceed customer expectations, from standard parts to completely custom units.
Technical information on our web site provides an overview and explanation of some of the basic elements about industrial clutches, industrial brakes and power transmission systems. If you have specific questions regarding the design or manufacture of clutches and brakes, please don't hesitate to contact us.
As one of North America's leading clutch and brake manufacturers, we have created the following articles about industrial clutches and brakes, their actuation methods and how they transfer power to help our customers:
- Actuation - How it Works in Clutches & Brakes
- Electrically Actuated Clutches & Brakes
- Mechanically Actuated Clutches & Brakes
- Pneumatic/Hydraulically Actuated Clutches & Brakes
- Torque Limiters
- Overload Release Clutches
- Product Comparison
- Power Transfer - How it Works in Clutches & Brakes
- Friction Clutches & Brakes
- Jaw / Tooth Clutches & Brakes
Industrial Clutch and Brake Manufacturer Expertise
The information contained in this section is intended to be a brief overview. If you have further questions, please contact us.
- 860-643-1531 ext 116