Electric Jaw Clutches / Tooth Clutches (JEB)
Jaw Clutches are designed to optimize size and space in your application. They are ideally suited for positioning, holding and indexing as well as situations that require the unit to maintaining positive registration between input and output shaft.
With pins available for single-position engagement, an electric jaw clutch is often used in applications that require exact positioning, including printing and labeling.
As with all standard CJM electric clutches, our jaw clutch products may be modified for special uses, and we can custom design a solution for your application. Our experienced engineers are ready for your toughest challenges.
Features of Tooth Clutches & Electric Jaw Clutch Units
Electric Jaw Clutches are available with either 24 or 100 volt DC coils as standard equipment, though other voltages are available to meet your needs. Carlyle Johnson stocks coils with voltages ranging 6 to 240 volts DC.
CJM jaw clutch products feature bi-directional operation, meaning operation is not dependent on rotation. Pins are also available with these designs to permit single position engagement.
View Specifications / Dimensions
Overview - JEB Jaw Clutch Units
- Highest torque in smallest space
- Positive tooth drive assures secure engagement with minimum backlash
- Hardened jaws have teeth of high-carbon alloy steel for positive tooth drive
- Exclusive "Power Pack" control ensures quick-acting engagement, release
- Torque range 60 lb. ft. - 600 lb. ft.
- Bi-directional operation
- Drag-free neutral, no torque transmitted in the disengaged mode
- Engaged fully by induced magnetic flux
- Full range of tooth configurations for your indexing needs
- Available as single or multiple position registration for timed applications
- Available as spring set/electrically released for positioning and holding
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC CLUTCHES
- Fail-Safe Set Electromagnetic Clutch (FEA)
- Multiple Disc Electric Clutch (EMA)
- Multiple Disc Pulley Clutch (EPC)
- Zero Backlash Electric Clutch (JEM)