Electric / Electromagnetic Jaw Brakes
MAXITORQ® Jaw Brakes are designed to optimize size and space in your application. These electromagnetic brakes are ideally suited for positioning, holding and indexing, as well as situations that require the unit to maintaining positive registration between input and output shaft.
With pins available for single-position engagement, electric jaw brakes are often used in applications that require exact positioning, including imaging, robotics, printing and labeling.
As with all standard CJM products, our electromagnetic brakes can be modified for special uses. We can custom design a solution for your application.
Our experienced engineers are ready for your toughest challenges and are only a phone call away at 860-643-1531.
Features of Jaw Electromagnetic Brakes
MAXITORQ® Electric Jaw Brakes are available with either 24 or 100 volt DC coils as standard equipment, though other voltages are available to meet your needs. Carlyle Johnson stocks coils with voltages ranging 6 to 240 volts DC.
CJM jaw electromagnetic brakes feature bi-directional operation, meaning operation is not dependent on rotation. Pins are also available with these designs to permit single position engagement.
Overview - MAXITORQ® Jaw Electromagnetic Brake Units
- Radial flux path design eliminates bearing loading
- Highest torque in smallest space
- Positive tooth drive assures secure engagement with minimum backlash
- Hardened jaws have teeth of high-carbon alloy steel for positive tooth drive
- Torque Range 5 lb. ft. to 1500 lb. ft..
- Bi-directional operation
- Drag-free neutral, no torque transmitted in the disengaged mode
- Engaged fully by induced magnetic flux
- Full range of tooth configurations for your indexing needs
- Available as single or multiple position registration for timed applications
- Available as spring set/electrically released for positioning and holding or electric actuation
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- Medium Torque Spring Applied Brake (HBB)
- High Torque Spring Set Brake (HTB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
- Spring Set Electric Motor Brake (EFS)
- Zero Backlash Holding Brake (JEM)