Zero Backlash Electric Jaw Holding Brakes (JEM)
MAXITORQ® Zero Backlash electromagnetic brakes are designed to optimize size and space in your application. They are ideally suited for positioning, holding and indexing as well as for situations that require the unit to maintain positive registration between an input and output shaft.
CJM jaw brakes are bi-directional, and operation is not dependent on rotation. Pins are available with these designs to permit single position engagement, making it ideal for printing, labeling and other special applications which require exact positioning.
Our trained engineers can modify our electric / electromagnetic brakes for your needs.
We can also custom design a new product to meet your requirements. Our engineering department is just a call away, and we work with you to product a component to meet your exact application.
Features of Zero Backlash Jaw Brakes
MAXITORQ® Jaw Holding Brakes offer an array of operational features, making them an idea solution for complex operations. When disengaged, these electromagnetic brakes do not transmit torque, allowing for a drag-free neutral position. The brake's precision positional accuracy is extremely exact - .001 degrees for loads up to 10% rated torque.
With bi-directional operation that supports both wet and dry applications, and a wide range of available torque, JEM Zero Backlash Electric Jaw Holding Brakes meet a variety of applications.
JEM electric / electromagnetic brakes brakes are available with either 24 or 100 volt DC coils as standard equipment, although other voltages are available to meet your order specifications. Carlyle Johnson stocks coils with voltages ranging 6 to 240 volts DC.
Overview - Zero Backlash Electromagnetic Brakes
- Continuous rotor connection provides zero backlash*
- Exclusive "Power Pack" control ensures quick-acting engagement and release
- Highest torque in smallest space
- Prolonged engagement / momentary disengagement
- Hardened jaws have teeth of high-carbon alloy steel for positive tooth drive
- Furnished completely assembled and ready to install on shaft
- Torque range 50 lb. ft. - 5,000 lb. ft.
- Position accuracy .001° for loads up to 10% rated torque
- Bi-directional operation
- Drag-free neutral, no torque transmitted in the disengaged mode
- Engaged fully by induced magnetic flux
- Operates in wet or dry applications
- Full range of tooth configurations for your indexing needs
- Available as single or multiple position registration for timed applications
- Available as spring set/electrically released for positioning and holding
- Available in spring or electric actuation
- Custom designs and alterations available
*Since there is some compliance in all mechanical systems, no brake can deliver absolute zero backlash. CMJ offers standard electric / electromagnetic brakes with backlash less than .001 degrees at 10% of rated torque.
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Electric Jaw Brake (JEB)
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- Medium Torque Spring Applied Brake (HBB)
- High Torque Spring Set Brake (HTB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
- Spring Set Electric Motor Brake (EFS)