Medium Torque, Spring Applied Brakes (HBB)
MAXITORQ® Model HBB spring applied brakes are a low cost solution when moderate torque is required in an extremely small package. The HBB electric brake is released when power is applied to the brake coil. When power to the brake is removed, braking torque is applied. With our HBB model's modular design, we can offer an "off the shelf" economical solution to your industrial electric braking needs, with customization available for unique applications.
With extremely low drag and minimal power consumption requirements, HBB spring applied brakes are extremely cost efficient. These electric brakes utilize bronze friction disc that are suitable to wet or dry applications and transmit consistent torque over time.
As with all Carlyle Johnson products, we can custom design and manufacture a medium torque, spring applied brake to meet your exact needs.
Features of HBB Spring Applied Brakes
Our HBB spring applied brakes utilize a unique MAXITORQ® separator spring design, which ensures separation of the rotating friction discs when disengaged. This electric brake design virtually eliminates parasitic drag, which is detrimental to brake life and will significantly reduce the brake's overall thermal capacity.
While custom solutions are available, our HBB brakes offer a wide range of torque, from 5 to 5,000 lb. ft., and are available with a variety of options. Other spring applied brakes and medium torque solutions can be produced – our engineering staff is just a phone call away and ready to solve your toughest power transmission challenge.
Overview - Model HBB Electric Spring Applied Brakes
- Low cost
- Medium torque spring applied brake in the smallest space
- Available in slide-on configurations
- Bronze on steel friction brake discs
- Torque from 5 lb. ft. to 5,000 lb. ft.
- Floating disc for minimal parasitic drag
- Spring set / electrically released for stopping, positioning and holding
- Operational in wet or dry applications
- Available in multiple voltages
- Available with or without manual brake release
- Linear or rotary manual release methods are available
- Optional brake pad wear indicator
- Optional integrated heater for extreme environmental conditions
- Optional sealed cover
- Custom designs and alterations with minimal cost and delivery times
TYPICAL HBB SPRING APPLIED BRAKE APPLICATIONS
- Imaging, head positioning and holding in medical diagnostic equipment
- Stopping and holding in mechanized handling equipment
- Servo drive brakes
- Holding brakes/emergency stopping brakes for radar antennas
- Aerospace and military actuators
- Cranes, elevators and escalators
- Packaging machinery
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Electric Jaw Brake (JEB)
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- Medium Torque Spring Applied Brake (HBB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
- Spring Set Electric Motor Brake (EFS)
- Zero Backlash Holding Brake (JEM)
- High Torque Electric Brake (HTB)