Electric Motor Brakes / Multiple Disc Spring Set Electric Brakes (EFS)
Carlyle Johnson's MAXITORQ® Multiple Disc Spring Set Brakes and electric motor brakes are suited for applications demanding fast, positive braking to stop machines.
These electric motor brakes are designed and built to provide unusually high torque for their compact size, and meet the braking requirements of a wide range of machinery.
The design of CJM's EFS Electric Brakes (and electric motor brakes) incorporates a MAXITORQ® multiple disc brake unit, which is kept compressed by radially-spaced coil springs between the armature and end plate, resulting in a constant "holding" force as long as the coil is not energized.
When energized, electromagnetic force flows through the flux path to override spring pressure, releasing the friction discs for drag-free shaft rotation.
Carlyle Johnson engineering staff can modify our standard electric brakes / electric motor brakes, or we can develop a new product to meet your exact specific needs.
Features of EFS Electric Brakes / Electric Motor Brakes
Furnished ready for use, Carlyle Johnson's EFS electric spring set electric brakes / electric motor brakes can be quickly installed by sliding the brake over the keyed shaft and bolting it to a frame member. Optional C-faced non-magnetic flanges are available which enable direct-mounting on C-frame motors.
EFS Fail-Safe brakes can also function as a torque-limiting device.
Overview – EFS Fail-Safe Electric Brakes & Electric Motor Brakes
- Advanced design provides unusually high torque for their compact size
- Fast, reliable, positive braking action
- Free-floating, drag-free neutral
- Furnished ready for quick, simple installation - no drive cups required
- Can be easily interfaced with N/C and automated machines
- Easily adjusted for wear – minimal maintenance costs
- Torque range 3 lb. ft. - 1,000 lb. ft.
- Actuation induced entirely by magnetic flux - 100VDC or 24VDC operation
- Direct mounting on C-framed motors with optional C-faced non-magnetic flanges
- Output torque can be adjusted over the unit's operating range
- Other actuation voltages available
- Special coils available
- AC to DC power supplies are available
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Electric Jaw Brake (JEB)
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- Medium Torque Spring Applied Brake (HBB)
- High Torque Spring Set Brake (HTB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
- Single Disc Spring Set Brake (SAB)
- Zero Backlash Holding Brake (JEM)