Overview - FEA Fail-Safe Electromagnetic Clutch
- Highly repetitive, spring-set clutch
- Unique end-plate design allows easy wear adjustment
- Stationary field eliminates need for brushes and rings
- Highest torque in the smallest space within the industry
- Completely assembled, ready to install
- No levers, cams or highly stressed parts
- Torque range 12 lb. ft. - 750 lb. ft.
- Positive engagement / disengagement possible at any speed
- Exclusive MAXITORQ® long-life floating discs pack for low heat, low neutral drag and consistent release
- Runs in both rotational directions,
wet or dry
- Spring applied, electrically released
- Higher torque available
- Variety of electronic controls available to provide slower or faster actuation and release, and controlled acceleration and deceleration
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC CLUTCHES
- Electric Jaw Clutch (JEB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Clutch (EMA)
- Multiple Disc Pulley Clutch (EPC)
- Zero Backlash Electric Clutch (JEM)
Fail-Safe Spring Set
Electromagnetic Clutches (FEA)
MAXITORQ® Fail-Safe clutches offer a reliable, spring applied, positive acting clutch that quickly starts a wide range of equipment.
Designed and manufactured with extreme precision, electric / electromagnetic clutch units have been thoroughly tested to deliver proven, dependable performance in many diverse applications - from heavy-duty machine tools to fragile assembly and packaging equipment.
Electrically operated, the clutch's coil is sealed within a stationary housing which is supported on ball bearings. A powerful electromagnetic force disengages the disc pack unit to provide a low-drag neutral.
Internal compressive forces are contained within the clutch and are not transmitted through the bearings. The radial magnetic flux path provides maximum torque throughout the life of the unit.
A significant portion of Carlyle Johnson Machine Co's production is devoted to the design and manufacture of special clutches, brakes and integrated systems designed to specific user requirements. If you need a custom electromagnetic clutch solution we have the experience and skills to meet your transmission problem challenge.
Features of the FEA Electromagnetic Clutch
Carlyle Johnson's MAXITORQ® multiple disc spring set electric clutches are proven to provide long service life, and can be rebuilt without requiring any special tools. There are no slip rings, no brushes and no troublesome wiring issues that make repair difficult.
CJM's multiple disc spring set clutches also feature an adjustable end plate design with few moving parts and a stationary housing.