CJM has developed a wide range of unique clutches and brakes during our history. Often we adapt these models for one-of-a-kind applications including:
- Medical - JEB Jaw Cluchtes and Brakes for nuclear imaging & CAT scans
- Aircraft - EMA Mulitple Disc Clutches and Brakes for controls, stabilizers & actuators
- Military - MTL Bi-Directional Clutches, FEA Fail-Safe Clutches and Brakes, AFS Air Brakes & AHA Air/Pneumatic Clutches and Brakes for position and hold with manual override
- Deep Sea - AHA Air Clutches and AFS Air Brakes with pressure compensation
- Off-Road - HTB High Torque Brakes for mining, EV and locomotive equipment
ph / fax:
291 Boston Turnpike
PO Box 9546
Bolton, CT 06043
860-643-1531 / 860-646-2645
Engineering Solutions for Clutches and Brakes
The Carlyle Johnson Machine Company designs and manufactures custom clutches and brakes. For over 100 years we have engineered quality power transmission products, producing electromagnetic, mechanical and pneumatic clutches and brakes to fulfill our customers' unique requirements. Our team constantly pushes the boundaries of design, creating highly efficient and effective solutions.
With a focus on new applications, Carlyle Johnson combines the latest technology with a century of engineering and product development experience. From advanced R&D to complex QC testing, our engineering staff is capable of solving your toughest power transmission challenges.