Carlyle Johnson Machine Co utilizes a standard 90VDC power supply for over-energization, modulation, timed current reduction and other special applications. This unit can is used with Carlyle Johnson Electric products including:
- Electric Multiple Disc Clutches
- Electric Multiple Disc Brakes
- Electric Multiple Disc Pulley
/ Sheave Clutches
- Electric Multiple Disc Spring Set Clutches
- Electric Multiple Disc Spring Set Brakes
- Electric High Torque Spring Applied Multiple Disc Electric Brakes
- Zero Backlash Electric Jaw Clutches
- Zero Backlash Electric Holding Brakes
- Electric Single Disc Spring Set Brakes
Please contact the applications department at 860-643-1531 (ext 116) for assistance.
Features of Power Supplies
While these power supplies are typically used in Carlyle Johnson Machine Co. clutch and brake components, they may also be utilized in outside applications.
It is important that installation can tolerate an input of 90VDC to 125VDC, unfiltered and unregulated, with a maximum current flow of 1.25 amps.
Before installing Make certain all power is off. Do not connect output lead wires to ground as it will result in damage to the unit.
- Connect clutch or brake lead wires to terminals 2 and 8.
- Connect clutch or brake leads of second unit (if used) to terminals 3 and 6.
- Connect control switch (supplied by customer) to common terminal 7. Connect remaining switch positions to terminals 3 and 8 as shown.
Note: Switch must have a 120 VAC, 10 AMP (inductive) rating.
- Connect "hot" wire of 120 VAC line to terminal 1 & neutral wire of 120 VAC to terminal 5.
Overview - Power Supplies
Specifications / Dimensions
- Input: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz single phase, 170 VA max
- Output: 90 VDC nominal, 1.25 Amps max, Full wave rectified, unfiltered, unregulated
- Ambient Temperature: -20°F to 122°F
- EMA models (clutches)
- EMA models (brakes)
- EPC models (clutches)
- FEA models (clutches)
- FEA models (brakes)
- HBB models (brakes)
- HTB models (brakes)
- JEB models (brakes)
- JEM models (clutches)
- SAB models (brakes)
- Custom designs and alterations available