Overview - EMA Electric Brakes
- Highest torque in the smallest space
- Exclusive MAXITORQ® floating disc pacs for lowest drag, consistent release
- Stationary field eliminates brushes & rings
- Computer designed magnetic flux circuits
- Complete, compact, self-contained unit
- Through-the-disc magnetic flux path
- Self adjusting for wear
- Positive engagement / disengagement possible at any speed
- Operate in oil or dry applications
- Available with custom designed magnetic flux applications
- Various electric controls are available for faster actuation and release, and controlled acceleration and deceleration
- Higher torques available
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Electric Jaw Brake (JEB)
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- High Torque Spring Set Brake (HTB)
- Spring Set Electric Motor Brake (EFS)
- Single Disc Spring Set Brake (SAB)
- Zero Backlash Holding Brake (JEM)
Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
MAXITORQ® multiple disc electric brakes deliver 3 to 6 times the torque of a single disc electric brake of the same package size.
With superior performance and excellent reliability, EMA multiple disc electric brake units feature a design that is simple and rugged, ideally suited for critical applications.
Carlyle Johnson multiple disc electric brakes provide high reliability for mission-critical military applications, including in the U.S. Army's new fighting vehicles, winch mechanisms aboard rescue helicopters, cooling pump drives, bomb hoists, and aircraft deicing equipment.
These multiple disc electric brakes are also often utilized in products that service the medical, machine tool and food packaging machinery.
As with all CJM parts, our experienced engineers can modify our standard parts to meet you needs, or we can design a new electric brake product to meet your exact requirements.
EMA Electric Brake Features
Carlyle Johnson's multiple disc electric brakes feature our "through-the-disc" magnetic flux path, which provides maximum torque transfer, automatic wear compensation and consistent performance throughout the life of the brake. These units can run dry or in oil, for additional heat dissipation and extended disc life.
Time-tested and ruggedly-built, CJM electric brake units utilize highly–efficient magnetic flux circuits. They provide fully self-adjusting operation, up to the point of replacement of friction discs, after long service. As with all MAXITORQ electric brakes, disc replacement can be done easily and without special tools.
The unit's coil housing, supported on dual ball bearings, is stationary and is held from rotating by electrical conduit or fixed member engaging the threaded fitting. There are also no slip rings or brushes. Since the brake is a complete, compact and self-contained unit, it is ideally suited to many "built-in" installations.