Overview - MAXTORQ® Jaw Electromagnetic Brake Units
- Exclusive "Power Pack" control ensures quick-acting engagement and release
- Highest torque in smallest space
- Positive tooth drive assures secure engagement with minimum backlash
- Hardened jaws have teeth of high-carbon alloy steel for positive tooth drive
- Torque Range 60 lb. ft. - 600 lb. ft.
- Bi-directional operation
- Drag-free neutral, no torque transmitted in the disengaged mode
- Engaged fully by induced magnetic flux
- Full range of tooth configurations for your indexing needs
- Available as single or multiple position registration for timed applications
- Available as spring set/electrically released for positioning and holding
- Available in spring or electric actuation
- Custom designs and alterations available
OTHER CJM ELECTRIC BRAKES
- Fail-Safe Spring Set Brake (FEA)
- High Torque Spring Set Brake (HTB)
- Multiple Disc Electric Brake (EMA)
- Spring Set Electric Motor Brake (EFS)
- Single Disc Spring Set Brake (SAB)
- Zero Backlash Holding Brake (JEM)
Electric / Electromagnetic Jaw Brakes
MAXITORQ® Jaw Brakes are designed to optimize size and space in your application. These electromagnetic brakes are ideally suited for positioning, holding and indexing, as well as situations that require the unit to maintaining positive registration between input and output shaft.
With pins available for single-position engagement, electric jaw brakes are often used in applications that require exact positioning, including printing and labeling.
As with all standard CJM products, our electromagnetic brakes can be modified for special uses. We can custom design a solution for your application.
Our experienced engineers are ready for your toughest challenges and are only a phone call away at 860-643-1531.
Features of Jaw Electromagnetic Brakes
MAXITORQ® Electric Jaw Brakes are available with either 24 or 100 volt DC coils as standard equipment, though other voltages are available to meet your needs. Carlyle Johnson stocks coils with voltages ranging 6 to 240 volts DC.
CJM jaw electromagnetic brakes feature bi-directional operation, meaning operation is not dependent on rotation. Pins are also available with these designs to permit single position engagement.
Specifications / Dimensions
|Brake Dimensions||Adapter Flange Mounting Dimensions|
|# of Screws||Screw Size||Pilot Diameter
|JEB0375||3.797||2.563||4.047||3||1/4-20||3.226 or 3.222||2 1/4|
|JEB0425||4.359||2.750||4.625||3||1/4-20||4.059 or 4.055||3|
|JEB0475||4.828||3.063||5.188||4||1/4-20||4.059 or 4.055||3 3/16|
|JEB0625||6.359||3.625||6.750||4||1/2-13||5.975 or 5.970||4 1/2|
|JEB0800||8.094||4.063||8.500||6||3/8-16||7.375 or 7.370||5 1/2|
*Dimensions shown are approximate. Contact Engineering for actual diameter.
|Model||Static Torque (lb. ft.)||Teeth (qty)||Bore Min. (in.)||Bore Max. (in.)||Keyway (in.)||Engagement Speed Max. (in.)||Operating Speed Max. (in.)|
|JEB0375||60||360||3/4||7/8||3/16 x 3/32||100||5000|
|JEB0425||70||360||1||1 1/8||3 1/16 x 3/32||100||5000|
|JEB0475||150||560||1 1/4||1 3/8||1/4 x 1/6||100||5000|
|JEB0625||300||560||1 3/4||1 7/8||3/8 x 3/16||100||4200|
|JEB0800||600||360||2||2 1/4||7/16 x 7/32||100||3600|
|Model||Coil Voltage* (VDC ± 10%)||Coil Power** (watts)||Coil Max. Temp. (°C)||Clutch Inertia (lobate/sec2)||Clutch & Adapter Inertia (lobate/sec2)||Angular Backlash|
|JEB0375||100 or 24||45||300||.0004||.0011||1.0°|
|JEB0425||100 or 24||44||300||.0009||.0021||1.0°|
|JEB0475||100 or 24||62||300||.0016||.0036||1.5°|
|JEB0625||100 or 24||62||300||.0059||.0123||1.5°|
|JEB0800||100 or 24||76||300||.0175||.0343||2.0°|
*Standard voltages shown. Other voltages available on special order.